Global Virtual Fundraiser (‘Harambee’)
Raise funds for Sustainable scholarships, school buildings and education support.
Oct 3rd 7pm PST
Fundraising goal: $45,000
With $45,000, we can build 2 libraries for rural schools; fund 20 college students; fund 34 high school students; Mentor these students and teachers to succeed and cover government compliance for a year!
We guarantee every high school student in our program a college education, if they qualify. So students stay in our program for 8+ years. Because of poverty and morning chores for day scholars it can take up to 5 years to complete high school. The fifth year of high school costs almost the same amount as four years. But those who repeat, all have gone on to College!
Here are things you can donate towards and how much they cost.
- $25 for five books.
- $112 for one year of high school
- $275 for a computer for a college student.
- $448 for four years of high school.
- $6,000 funds a four year college degree.
- $10,000 gifts a rural school with a library resource.
- $25/month, we are inviting you to become a monthly Sustainer.
- A donation of your choice.
Prefer to use PayPal? Donate below…
Donations are tax deductible. Federal Tax ID # 83-3127113
What is “harambee?”
Harambee is Swahili for working together. In Kenya this word refers to a gala fund raising event with food (often roasted goat), and soft drinks, speeches, song and dance.
Mulundi Village Harambees
Communities hold harambees to match funds from Books and Bricks.
The village has held harambees to:
- Complete unfinished classrooms at St. Mulumba’s Kwa Muema.
- Raise high school fees for girls in Mulundi to attend high school.
- Raise funds for college scholarships.
- Close the gap between government and parent fee payment at the schools.