Kilonzo secondary School in Kenya and Books and Bricks are partnering to construct a new library to serve the community. The new library will be located at Kilonzo...
Books and Bricks… helping children in rural Kenya one book and brick at a time.
Vision Statement: Education, Elimu, Kisomo.
Mission Statement: Our focus is Education. We Work with Mulundi Village community in Kitui County of Eastern Province, Kenya, to accomplish the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/).
Our Partner Schools in Kitui County, Kenya:
- Mulundi Primary School
- Mulundi Early Childhood Education
- Kwa Muema High School
- Kilonzo High School
- Kyanika Secondary School
- Kabaa High School
- St. Angela’s Girls High School
- St. Thomas Aquinas Kalawa Boys High School
- Sustainable Scholarship Program: For high school and college students.
- School Buildings: Construction of classrooms and Libraries.
- School Supplies: Teachers, Librarians, Computers, Pens, Books, Paper etc
- Mentoring Program for students.
- St. James Batavia Anglican Church – Diocese of Kitui, Anglican Church of Kenya.
- African Inland Church- Kavuvoni, Kitui.
- Mulundi Catholic Church- Bomas Parish, Kitui.
- Redeemed Gospel Church – Mulundi, Kitui.
- Episcopal Diocese of Olympia, Washington.
- Monte and Jeana Frazier Family – Seattle and Nebraska.
- Andrew and Robin Deceunyk Family – Seattle.
Our Parish Home: Saint John’s and the Diocese of Olympia
Books and Bricks is an outreach ministry of St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church in West Seattle. St. John has been involved in Mulundi Village since 2004 with the construction of St. James Batavia Anglican Church.
We hold fundraising events and informational events at Saint John’s to raise money for scholarships, school supplies (Books, pens, pencils) and school building projects.
Our Parish Priests: Our Parish Priests are most supportive of our mission. They serve as Patrons of our mission.
2010 – 2011: Rev. Peter Jay DeVeau.
2011 – 2013: Rev. Greg Peters.
2013 – 2015: Rev. Jerry D. Godwin.
2015 – 2016: Father Michael Carroccino.
2017 – Current: Vestry Warden, Mrs. Long
Books and Bricks Organization Motto: Our common life depends on each other’s toil. (Book of Common Prayer, Pg 134)
Our Patron Saint: St. Francis of Assisi.