All Saints Day! Our annual fundraising will be held on November 1st, 2014. This year we are raising funds to continue the construction and equipment of a library...
Books and Bricks… helping children in rural Kenya one book and brick at a time.
Mission Statement: Work with Mulundi Village community in Kitui County of Eastern Province, Kenya, to accomplish the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (UN MDG). Our focus is Education.
Mulundi Village Schools:
- St. James Batavia Anglican Baby Class
- Mulundi Primary School
- Kwa Muema High School
- Scholarship Program: For high school and college students (2010-2020).
- Construction of classrooms at Kwa Muema High School, Mulundi (2010-2012).
- Kwa Muema High School Library Project (2014-2020).
- Mulundi Community Library located at Mulundi Primary School (2011-2020).
- School supplies for all Mulundi Village Schools (2010-2020)
- A Mentoring Program for students (2010-2020).
- St. James Batavia Anglican Church – Mulundi.
- African Inland Church- Kavuvoni, Kitui.
- Mulundi Catholic Church- Bomas Parish, Kitui.
- Redeemed Gospel Church – Mulundi, Kitui.
- Episcopal Diocese of Olympia, Washington.
- Monte and Jeana Frazier Family – Seattle and Nebraska.
- Andrew and Robin Deceunyk Family - Seattle.
Our Parish Home: Saint John’s and the Diocese of Olympia
Books and Bricks is an outreach ministry of St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church in West Seattle. St. John has been involved in Mulundi Village since 2004 with the construction of St. James Batavia Anglican Church.
We hold fundraising events and informational events at Saint John’s to raise money for scholarships, school supplies (Books, pens, pencils) and school building projects.
Our Parish Priests: Our Parish Priests are most supportive of our mission. They serve as Patrons of our mission.
2010 -2011: Rev. Peter Jay DeVeau.
2011 -2013: Rev. Greg Peters.
2013 -Present: Rev. Jerry D. Godwin.
Books and Bricks Organization Motto: Our common life depends on each other’s toil. (Book of Common Prayer, Pg 134)
Our Patron Saint: St. Francis of Assisi.