Congratulations – 2016 Scholarship Awards. Books and Bricks committee is happy to announce the award of 1 university scholarship and 8 high school scholarships....
Books and Bricks… helping children in rural Kenya one book and brick at a time.
Mission Statement: Work with Mulundi Village community in Kitui County of Eastern Province, Kenya, to accomplish the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (UN MDG). Our focus is Education.
Our Partner Schools in Kitui County, Kenya:
- Mulundi Primary School
- Mulundi Early Childhood Education
- Kwa Muema High School
- Kilonzo High School
- Kyanika Secondary School
- Kabaa High School
- Scholarship Program: For high school and college students (2010-2020).
- Construction of classrooms at Kwa Muema High School, Mulundi (2010-2012).
- Kwa Muema High School Library Project (2014-2020).
- Mulundi Community Library located at Mulundi Primary School (2011-2020).
- School supplies for all Mulundi Village Schools (2010-2020)
- A Mentoring Program for students (2010-2020).
- St. James Batavia Anglican Church – Mulundi.
- African Inland Church- Kavuvoni, Kitui.
- Mulundi Catholic Church- Bomas Parish, Kitui.
- Redeemed Gospel Church – Mulundi, Kitui.
- Episcopal Diocese of Olympia, Washington.
- Monte and Jeana Frazier Family – Seattle and Nebraska.
- Andrew and Robin Deceunyk Family – Seattle.
Our Parish Home: Saint John’s and the Diocese of Olympia
Books and Bricks is an outreach ministry of St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church in West Seattle. St. John has been involved in Mulundi Village since 2004 with the construction of St. James Batavia Anglican Church.
We hold fundraising events and informational events at Saint John’s to raise money for scholarships, school supplies (Books, pens, pencils) and school building projects.
Our Parish Priests: Our Parish Priests are most supportive of our mission. They serve as Patrons of our mission.
2010 -2011: Rev. Peter Jay DeVeau.
2011 -2013: Rev. Greg Peters.
2013 – May 2015: Rev. Jerry D. Godwin.
June 2015 – Present: Father Michael Carroccino.
Books and Bricks Organization Motto: Our common life depends on each other’s toil. (Book of Common Prayer, Pg 134)
Our Patron Saint: St. Francis of Assisi.